Re: 2.13.34

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: 2.13.34
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 13:19:37 +0200

On 26 September 2010 13:06, craigbakalian <address@hidden> wrote:

> I am sorry.  My question wasn't very clear.  I don't see any
> documentation for the functions:
>
> max-systems-per-page
> min-systems-per-page
> systems-per-page

It is in the Notation Reference, section 4.1.2 Page formatting >
Other layout variables .
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/notation/page-formatting#other-layout-variables

But this is maybe not straightforward.
Actually almost everything about the new vertical spacing engine is
"condensed" there and there is almost nothing in 4.4 Vertical spacing .
Maybe this part could be rewritten, or reorganized?

Where would you expect it to be in the doc?

> Is the documentation for 2.13.34 a copy of 2.12?  Now, before you blast
> me about my ignorance; yes indeed, I have not read the entire 2.13.34
> doc in order to compare it with 2.12.  I have searched it for the above
> terms and came up with nothing.

No, it is not a copy of stable documentation.
BTW did you use the search engine included into lilypond documentation
(on LilyPond's doc website)?  Because it only searches within *stable*
(i.e. 2.12) documentation...

Cheers,
Xavier

--