\header place in \score block (doc & syntax clarification)

From: Antheo
Subject: \header place in \score block (doc & syntax clarification)
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 08:18:49 -0700 (PDT)

The documentation here

says: "A \score block must always contain just one music expression, and
this must appear immediately after the \score command."
and: "these three commands – \header, \layout and \midi – are special:
unlike many other commands which begin with a backward slash (\) they are
not music expressions"

Which implies that the \header must be placed after the music expression.
However, I found that with version 2.12, the lilypond accepts that the
header is placed before as well.

\version "2.12.3"
\score {
  \header { piece = "lilypond compiles a score where header is placed before
the music expression"}
  { c'4 a b c' }
  \layout { }

If lilypond compiles the file, I'd assume the documentation needs to be
Would you mind clarifying?