Re: Problems with text placement

From: David Rogers
Subject: Re: Problems with text placement
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 11:13:12 -0700

* Michael Dykes <address@hidden> [2010-10-06 13:11]:

Here is a prob that I have been sturggling with in many pieces. Adding text
above a line, as I did below in the Great Eketenia. I also need to do that
elsewhere (say the Trisagion (Holy God)-also see below), but have texts
longer than the lenght of the measure. Is there a way to extend measures?
For the Triasion, above the 1st measure, I need:
Deacon: O Lord save the pious
and after the divisiominor, I need:
and hear us.

Also for some pieces I need text above an entire piece, as in the Esodikon
(Come, let us Worship), where above the entire piece I need:
Deacon: Wisdom! Let us attend!

Any help is very welcome. Thanks in advance.

Does the following help?

Go to:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond-learning/Outside_002dstaff-objects#Outside_002dstaff-objects

and look part way down the page for \textLengthOn

--
David