Re: Howto have the number of volte printed out above an end-repeat bar?

From: Vicente Solsona
Subject: Re: Howto have the number of volte printed out above an end-repeat bar?
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 18:17:46 +0200

On Mon, 11 Oct 2010 14:22:36 +0200, Gilles Filippini <address@hidden> wrote:
From the answers I've had I infer that there is no standard way of doing
that.

well, with Rehearsal Marks you can print almost whatever you want over a bar line. how far is that from the "standard" way?

The answer the closest from what I expected is to use a rehearsal mark
(thanks to Vicente).

I forgot to fwd my first messsage to the list, sorry. I just reccomended to use a manual Rehearsal Mark.

Unfortunately it doesn't work when the end-repeat
bar is the last bar of the score:

% This score doesn't have "x4" printed out
\score {
  \relative c'' {
    \repeat volta 4 { c1 }
    \mark #"x4"

\score {
  \relative c'' {
    \override Score.RehearsalMark
       #'break-visibility = #begin-of-line-invisible

    \override Score.RehearsalMark
       #'self-alignment-X = #RIGHT

    \repeat volta 4 { c1 }
    \mark #"x4"

remember, the manuals and the lsr are your biggest friends most of the time. learn them by heart :)

greetings,

Vicente