Re: Triple b or # - do they exist?

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Triple b or # - do they exist?
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 08:55:47 -0500

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 6:34 AM, Nils Gey <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello list,

last night in a discussion someone claimed that there is a triple bbb in real music, he said it was in a Chopin piece but could not say which.
I think I am fairly educated in music but never heard of a triple bbb or ###. Do you know any?

The Wikipedia article on Alkan mentions an F triple-sharp in one of his pieces, and you can see it in the musical extract given (along with a lot of other crazy spellings).