Re: Horizontal shift

From: Marc E. Schonbrun
Subject: Re: Horizontal shift
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 22:09:47 -0700

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 5:35 PM, PMA <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi List.

I have a LilyPond score in which an arpeggiated chord tends to be preceded by
a rest.  And too often, the arpeggio glyph overlaps its preceding rest.

How can I shift horizontally -- either the rest slightly leftwards, or the arpeggio
glyph itself ever-so-slightly rightwards?

I tried "-\tweak #'X-offset #-1" just before "\arpeggio", but LilyPond hated this.

Have I overlooked something obvious?
Thanks in advance!
Pete

Pete,

Can you please provide the smallest possible snippet that reproduces the issue?

Thanks,
Marc