Help shifting entire tuplet horizontally within a measure

From: James Lowe
Subject: Help shifting entire tuplet horizontally within a measure
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 15:14:33 -0400

Hello,

Here is a snippet

\relative c' {
    b8.^-
    [ \times 2/10 { c64( d ees d e d c b a b] }
    a8. a16 a32 a2)
}

I wonder if someone can help me find a way to shit the 10-tuplet over to the
'left' slightly, or move the group of tuplet-ed notes closer to the first and
leave the secpnd beamed group (and minim) where they are so that I have more
space in between and less of a gap between the very first and second note.

I don't really understand how the \override constructs work for the 'grob' (?)
and have been flailing around a bit in the Internals and the Appendix of the
Notation so I have tried things like sticking a \once \override...

Beam #'beamlet-default-length = #(x y)

or

Beam #beamlet-max-length-proportion = #(x y)

where x and y are numbers I am playing about with hoping to get something, but
while I don't get any complains while compiling I cannot seem to shift this
group over at all.

Thanks for any help.

James