Re: vertical position of tuplet number

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: vertical position of tuplet number
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 09:54:42 +0200 (CEST)

>>> What controls the vertical position of a tuplet number if I set
>>>
>>>   \override Staff.TupletBracket #'bracket-visibility = ##f
>>>
>>> ?  I would like to have the number within a staff and not outside...
>
> I don't want to sound unhelpful but after recently engraving some
> Delius (for Clarinet), LilyPond does this as far as I can see by
> default.
>
> So I am assuming that either I have misunderstood (which is likely)
> or you have a very specific case.

Indeed, I have a special case, and Eluze's solution works just fine.

    Werner

\relative c' {
  << { \tupletDown
       \times 2/3 { c' c c }
\override TupletBracket #'bracket-visibility = ##f
\override TupletBracket #'staff-padding = #'()
\override TupletNumber #'staff-padding = #'()
       \times 2/3 { c c c } } \\
}

PNG image