Re: Parallel dynamics, markup, sponsor, etc.

From: Keith E OHara
Subject: Re: Parallel dynamics, markup, sponsor, etc.
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 12:34:58 -0700

On Tue, 26 Oct 2010 02:13:49 -0700, Valentin Villenave wrote:

the goal would be to improve LilyPond's *default*
behaviour, not to require users to change the syntax they use. Now, if
power-users happen to want to modify the new behavior (and even
possibly disable it), they should *also* have be presented with the
ability to do it. What is wrong with that?

Well, that would be spiffy (c'est a dire, super).

Your entry in the tracker looks reasonable.

I might have been over-reacting after my recent difficulties trying to use
CueVoice for purposes formerly recommended in the manual.  Or, it may just be
that old people always caution against new things; it's part of our job.

Werner wrote :
% tieDynamic to the next dynamic mark, so that they are placed as a
% group
tieDynamic = #(make-music 'CrescendoEvent 'span-direction START
               'span-type 'text 'span-text "")

Hmm, using 2.13.37, this has nasty side effects and doesn't yield the
expected result...

Hmm, wondering what side effect Werner considered nasty ...
guessing what result he might have expected ...  Giving up and making a nice
lunch.