Re: Controlling between-system-padding for specific systems

From: Keith E OHara
Subject: Re: Controlling between-system-padding for specific systems
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 16:28:52 -0700

On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 06:33:30 -0700, <address@hidden> wrote:

I know it is possible to control the between-system-padding of an entire
score, but I want to know if it is possible to do that for specific
systems instead?

For practical purposes, Richie, I would so 'no'.

There is a snippet <http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=227> that does what you
ask, but I would not recommend it, because the particular aspect of LilyPond that
this snippet uses will change significantly in 2.14, so you would then have to learn
something different.
(I can only speaking for myself, but I am unable to adapt that snippet to work
on the development version 2.13.37)

I do not hesitate to tell LilyPond to treat a particular item as if were
bigger, especially if that item is associated with the reason that I want the
extra space :

% I want a 30-staff-line gap above the line where this tempo-change falls
\once\override Score.RehearsalMark #'minimum-Y-extent = #'(0 . 30)
\mark "Allegro Molto"