midi problem

From: 胡海鹏 - Hu Haipeng
Subject: midi problem
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 17:08:32 +0800 (CST)

Hello,
  I found an old problem which becomes more obvious in current version 2.13.36. If I enter a midi program change before a note, that note still uses previous sound. For example, if violin I part use string ensemble 1, and then switches to solo violin at the middle, it takes effect only at the second note after the midi instrument command. I can't change earlier, since in my orchestral midi part, I merge 5 strings into 3 staves, and when the vl1 is playing the last long note, the other string play staccatos. Is this a bug?
  Also, I strongly hope Lilypond can assign bank numbers. In standard gm soundfont, there are many special sets in other banks. The largest one is Crisis GM 3.01, which generates the best sounds. But I have to make many strange program changes and then use Synthfont to reassign individual change to another instrument from other bank. It takes me very long time especially there are many articulated effects.
Regards
haipeng