multiple input files

From: lunar7
Subject: multiple input files
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 22:59:16 -0800

Hello everyone,

I am prototyping a lilypond MIDI input tool in Max/MSP (to be later implemented in C++) and am interested in how I might go about using seperate input files that could be linked together at render-time to produce a single pdf.

I noticed on Mutopia years ago a file that was able to do that, a Bach keyboard work, I'm trying to find it again but that may take some time.

What I'd like to do is have seperate "header" and "body" files. The reason for this is that for the "body" file, I'd like to be able to have the program insert automatic carriage returns at what would be the end of each complete measure, thus other features would be able to count on each measure being on a certain line (I'm guessing the first line would be the open bracket and clef, so each measure would be offset by one line).

Ideally I could have a global "header" file and two "body" files, one for the right hand and one for the left hand. As that implies, this would be entirely geared towards piano works.

Does anyone know how I might make a template along these lines?
Thanks