Lyx 2.0 Beta 1, LilyPond OS X, MacTeX etc. - no lilypond integration

From: Henry Flurry
Subject: Lyx 2.0 Beta 1, LilyPond OS X, MacTeX etc. - no lilypond integration
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 10:22:24 -0700

Setup:
Lyx 2.0 Beta 1, downloaded from:
        ftp://ftp.lyx.org/pub/lyx/devel/lyx-2.0/beta1/LyX-2.0.0beta1+qt4.dmg.sig

LilyPond OS X 2.13.39, downloaded from:

http://download.linuxaudio.org/lilypond/binaries/darwin-x86/lilypond-2.13.39-1.darwin-x86.tar.bz2

MacTeX:
        http://mirror.hmc.edu/ctan/systems/mac/mactex/MacTeX.mpkg.zip

MacTex install package was run normally.

LilyPond app was dragged into folder:
        /Applications/_AudioMusicRelated

Lyx app was dragged into folder:
        /Applications/_PrintRelated

I have MacTeXExtras, but I'm not sure if I need them nor where to put them, so
they are stuffed away in another directory for later use.

LilyPond runs fine by itself, rendering the sample provided quite nicely.

Lyx runs fine on normal example files, rendering them fine in PDF and on the
screen.

However, when I open the lilypond example included, I get the error:

        The module lilypond requires a package that is
        not available in your LaTeX installation. LaTeX output
        may not be possible.

Same error shows up when I go into Document->Settings.  Also, under the View
menu, there is no PDF option for the lilyPond document.

Per earlier list suggestions, I ran Onyx 2.2 and verified permissions, etc. but
I get the same message.

My guess is that either:

- LyX can't find where I put LilyPond, and I need to set some shell variables
or run a script or move the LilyPond app

- I need a different installation of LilyPond that goes directly into the
bowels of Unix.

What should I so?

Thanks!
Henry