Re: Lyx 2.0 Beta 1, LilyPond OS X, MacTeX etc. - no lilypond integration

From: Henry Flurry
Subject: Re: Lyx 2.0 Beta 1, LilyPond OS X, MacTeX etc. - no lilypond integration
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2010 09:53:03 -0700

OK - got a bit further!

Changing the path variable didn't do it.  Reviewing old emails again, I see
that the PATH variable can be set in the shell OR in the Lyx -> Preferences ->
Paths -> PATH Prefix

THEN, you need to do:

        Lyx -> Reconfigure

(This was a step I was missing for a while.)

NOW, the lilypond example loads up without complaint.

BUT, I get an Apple app crash panel with the following error:

        "gs cannot be opened because of a problem"

with some problem details looking like:

        Process: gs [6477]
        Identifier: gs Version: ??? (???)
        Code Type: X86 (Native)
        Parent Process: dvipng [6476]
        Date/Time: 2010-12-04 09:35:21.031 -0700
        OS Version: Mac OS X 10.6.5 (10H574)
        Report Version: 6 Anonymous
        UUID: 219AD32B-CD4E-46DE-A36B-439CEBBA839D
        Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
        Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000 Crashed Thread:
 0

Which to me suggests the problem is occurring when generating an png file.

This type of crash will come up when I:

        View -> DVI
        View -> HTML
        View -> OpenDocument

However, the following work fine:

        View -> PDF

Now it sounds like there is a problem with lilypond's gs itself.

Would you agree?

(I just upgraded lilypond "OS X" to 2.13.41-1, and the same symptoms occur.)

Thoughts?

Thanks!
Henry