Re: \set midiInstrument =

From: Jan Warchoł
Subject: Re: \set midiInstrument =
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 22:18:45 +0100

Hi,

2010/12/13 MING TSANG <address@hidden>:
> (1)  Where do I code the \set midiInstrument = ?
>
> (2)  I want to set each voice (S, A, T, B) with different midi -instrument.
> How can I code it?

Take a look at this example:

\new ChoirStaff <<
        \new Staff = soprano {
                \new Voice = soprano {
                        \set Voice.midiInstrument = "clarinet"
                        insert soprano notes here

        \new Staff = alto {
                \new Voice = alto {
                        \set Voice.midiInstrument = "english horn"
                        insert alto notes here

You can also code instrument on staff level:

\new Staff = females {
        \set Staff.midiInstrument = "clarinet"
        \new Voice = soprano {
                insert soprano notes here
        }
        \new Voice = alto {
                insert alto notes here

> (3)  How can I specify different sound volume for each voice?  I was hoping
> to empathize one particular voice for practise.

See Notation Reference 3.5.5, "equalizing different instruments"

> (4)  How to turn off cres. sound in midi sound file?

You can turn off all dynamics using this:

\midi {
        \context {
                \Voice
                        \remove "Dynamic_performer"