Re: Beam settings in 2.13.29

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Beam settings in 2.13.29
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 17:05:26 -0700

On 12/15/10 3:43 PM, "Neil Puttock" <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 10 August 2010 01:08, Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> wrote:
>> On 8/9/10 5:22 PM, "Trevor Daniels" <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> Neil Puttock wrote Monday, August 09, 2010 9:07 PM
>>> Looks like the solution is a doc change to make this clear, then.
>> Or perhaps we should change the context inside \time.  I'll try to have a
>> look at this this week.
> Carl, have you had time to investigate fixing this yet?

I think the solution is a documentation change.  timeSignatureSettings can
only apply to the context containing the time signature, i.e. wherever the
Timing_translator is.

If we want to have beam settings set by the timeSignatureSettings property,
and we want different time signatures in different staves, we will need to
move the Timing_translator to the Staff context, instead of the Score

I'll cook a patch to the documentation.