ps to pdf conversion fails

From: Orm Finnendahl
Subject: ps to pdf conversion fails
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 11:00:10 +0100

Hi,

 a file I could typeset yesterday now fails on the conversion to pdf
with the following error:

`gs -q -dSAFER -dDEVICEWIDTHPOINTS=841.89 -dDEVICEHEIGHTPOINTS=1190.55
-dCompatibilityLevel=1.4 -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -r1200 -sDEVICE=pdfwrite
-sOutputFile="./schnell-pno01.pdf" -c .setpdfwrite -f "schnell-pno01.ps"'
failed (256)
error: failed files:
"/home/orm/work/kompositionen/2kl/lilypond/schnell-pno01.ly"

The postscript file looks fine and I can't even remember having
changed anything in the source (I even did a couple of undos until I
was sure it had worked before). Is there any way to detect the
problem? Maybe there is a strange mistyped control character
somewhere, but I have no clue how to track down the problem.

--
Orm