Re: Staff change in piano music - a general approach?

From: Tobias Braun
Subject: Re: Staff change in piano music - a general approach?
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 02:50:48 +0100

Sorry about the "reply all" thing, I forgot that.

I wasn't aware I was sending an HTML e-mail, sorry. That must have been my
webmail client.

What I actually want to achieve is to have it look as uncluttered as possible.
It should be easy to read when playing it on the piano. I'd basically like to
merge all three voices into as few stems as possible. E.g. the notes of the
first beat in measure 1 which basically form a chord consisting of three notes
of the same duration played at the same time should appear as "stacked", not
next to each other. There is no need to be able to distinguish the individual
voices.

As this is kind of hard to describe, please have a look at the attached PDF. I
guess I'd prefer the first measure to look like "Variant 1", but "Variant 2"
would be acceptable as well. (I achieved this sample PDF through <> chord
syntax, which is not of much use to me as I already have the individual voices
in continuous form.)

Regards,
Tobias