Re: horizontal beams

From: ljc
Subject: Re: horizontal beams
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 08:18:29 -0200

James, i must say i'm confused by most of your mail...

We don't add \overrides (i.e tweaks) to the manual directly.

???
the line \override Beam #'damping = #+inf.0 is in the manual in an example how to make beams horizontal. the manual is actually full of snippets with \overrides, so what do you mean exactly?

However where are you getting the three lines of syntax from?

???
the first line is in the manual, as i said, and the other two were suggested in the previous mail by Dmytro to make it work properly.

http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=375

Shows you how to use one does it not?

???
my first post included an example (with images and all) showing that the tweak
\override Beam #'damping = #+inf.0 by itself does not guarantee horizontal beams in all cases. were you following the thread at all?