Re: highlighting notes in pdf, synchronized pdf and midi playback

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: highlighting notes in pdf, synchronized pdf and midi playback
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 23:34:49 +0100

Il giorno mar, 18/01/2011 alle 23.47 +0100, Janek Warchoł ha scritto:
> > But I wonder if it could be the first step to get the synchronized
> > highlighting on the PDF.  I was thinking about asking this feature
> > request on Frescobaldi mailing list (maybe I'll do it later).
>
> That would be great!
> I don't feel like doing this myself since i'm not using
> Frescobaldi....

I've asked and it seems that it may be implemented in version 2.0:
http://groups.google.com/group/frescobaldi/browse_thread/thread/5f4bcc6b7f4feb88

BTW, in the meanwhile you may open the .midi file with Rosegarden while
editing the .ly file.

See attached image: the blue bar moves along with midi time. You can
place the score in one long line or vertically.

Unfortunately, Rosegarden runs on Linux only.

Maybe Denemo, which is cross-platform, has a similar feature.

Cheers,
Federico