Re: mark-ups

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: mark-ups
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 11:19:20 +0100

On 22 January 2011 06:21, Michael Dykes <address@hidden> wrote:

> I think I figured out my mark-up problem, but I still would like for the
> markup to begin at the beginning of the measure. Is that possible? Thanks.

RehearsalMark  are aligned on the bar line (i.e. at the beginning of the
measure).  If you self-align them  #LEFT  then you should get what you
want.  Drawback: RehearsalMark  are printed only once and on the top
staff of your score but this does not seem to be a problem here.

This time the  \mark \markup ...  should be placed before the first note
of the measure.

  \once \override Score.RehearsalMark #'self-alignment-X = #LEFT
  \mark \markup { \italic \small "The blessing of the Lord ..." }

  \once \override Score.RehearsalMark #'self-alignment-X = #LEFT
  \mark \markup { \italic \small "Glory to Thee, O Christ God ..." }

  \once \override Score.RehearsalMark #'direction = #DOWN
  \once \override Score.RehearsalMark #'self-alignment-X = #LEFT
  \mark \markup { \italic \small "May Christ our true God ..." }

Cheers,
Xavier

--
Xavier Scheuer <address@hidden>