Baroque Articulation mark

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Baroque Articulation mark
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 13:00:53 -0500

I'm transcribing a flute sonata from an eighteenth centuray facsimile,
and there's a decoration that I don't know either what it means (so that
I could translate it into an equivalent modern articulation mark), or
how to produce something that looks like that in lilypond.  I'm
attaching a scan.  Any help would be appreciated.

The source is the Performers' Facsimiles edition of Dix Sonates by
Godfrey Finger.

Laura   (mailto:address@hidden)
(617) 661-8097  233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139
http://www.laymusic.org/ http://www.serpentpublications.org

This song is Copyrighted in U.S., under Seal of Copyright #154085, for
a period of 28 years, and anybody caught singin' it without our
permission, will be mighty good friends of ourn, cause we don't give a
dern. Publish it. Write it. Sing it. Swing to it. Yodel it. We wrote
it, that's all we wanted to do.

Woody Guthrie