Re: incorrect displaying of Arabic text

From: James Samir Ismail
Subject: Re: incorrect displaying of Arabic text
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 06:54:20 -0800

>  \markup { \override #'(font-name . "new font") "العربية" }
> where "new font" is the name of the font to use.

This is what I tried, and got the same (wrong) result (Arabic characters not
correctly displaying in their medial and initial forms):

        \relative d'
                c^\markup { \override #'(font-name . "Al Bayan") "العربية" } d
e f g^\markup { "english" } f e d

> To have a list of all available fonts on the operating system, type
>  lilypond -dshow-available-fonts x
> in a terminal.

The name of the font I tried "Al Bayan" is Arabic, so I think this rules out
font errors. I'm using a Mac (Snow Leopard 10.6.6) and got the list of
available fonts by pressing command-T (in something other than TeXShop) since
executing the command above from within the Lilypond package
(/Applications/ didn't seem to work.

> But better is to read the "font" section of the notation reference manual.
> NR 1.8.3 Fonts
> Cheers,
> Xavier
> --
> Xavier Scheuer <address@hidden>

I guess that this is a bug after all.  Is there anything further I should do to
get this bug in the queue?