Re: Translation for musical phrase "Niveau-Überschr eitung" or "Niveau-U

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: Translation for musical phrase "Niveau-Überschr eitung" or "Niveau-Unterschreitung"?
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 10:27:29 +0100

2011/1/31 Jan Warchoł <address@hidden>:
>> Perhaps 'voice crossing' is what you are looking for?
>
> No, i don't think so.
> (see attachment)
> Nils, maybe its "voice overlapping"? I've just stumbled upon this term
> mentioned in this Wikipedia article:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voice_crossing

I vaguely recall this case known as 'false relation'.  The listener
could be fooled into hearing e' a' but the a' is sung by another
voice.  This would be the 'soft' case, the hard case is for 'f b'
tritone sung by different voices.  Don't rely too much in this...

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com