Re: Slur position : "catching" Llilypond values...

From: Dmytro O. Redchuk
Subject: Re: Slur position : "catching" Llilypond values...
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 17:25:43 +0200

On Mon 14 Feb 2011, 09:02 David Nalesnik wrote:
> On 2/14/11, Dmytro O. Redchuk <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Would be great it if allows to specify which grob's positions to alter, like
> > this:
> >
> > \offsetPositions #"Arpeggio" #'(-2 . 2)
Oh, yes, i see --- every grob requires "it's own" function to calc initial
positions, that's why it would not be so elegant for "generalized" function.

> Hi, Dmytro --
Hi, David!

[...]

> My only hesitation is this statement in the NR (section referenced above):
>
> "When applying this trick, the new after-line-breaking callback should
> also call the old one after-line-breaking, if there is one. For
> example, if using this with Hairpin, ly:hairpin::after-line-breaking
> should also be called."
>
> I confess I don't fully understand this, and hence I'm unsure if my
> function is overly simplifed.  However, calling \offsetBrokenSpanner
> #"Hairpin" #'(x . y) seems to work as expected.
>
> [Note: the issue of contexts is why I used \overrideProperty instead
> of \override.  For some reason, \override will not accept
> "Staff.OttavaBracket" as a valid grob name.  I wonder if there is any
> drawback to using \overrideProperty, since I've seen it so
> infrequently.]
Mmm.. I know nothing about that. I don't what will happen if i create several
callbacks, attach them to the same grob and not all of them will call "old one
after-line-breaking". Really, don't know :O)

Thank you for reminding this warning, thought.

--
  Dmytro O. Redchuk
  Bug Squad

  Be careful! These are some commonly used abbreviations:
   • LM -- Learning Manual
   • NR -- Notation Reference
   • IR -- Internal Reference

  Look at LilyPond’s documentation to find more.