Re: Overriding bar-line behaviour

From: Robin Bannister
Subject: Re: Overriding bar-line behaviour
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 01:15:16 +0100

Matthias Hüsken wrote:
What I'd like to achieve:
When ending a bar with the repetition sign ":|",
I need double lines ("||") at the beginning of the next bar.

It looks as though you actually mean ending/beginning lines, not bars.

[...]
(":||" . (":|" . "||"))
[...]
Unfortunately, this does not work:
LilyPond leaves the  end of the line [...] empty,
as well as the beginning of the next line.

Lilypond's barline.cc doesn't recognise your bartype string ":||"
and quietly sets the bartype to empty before continuing.
So unless you extend the C++ hardcoding you are limited
to the bartypes listed in the bar-line-interface documentation.

If you will be using explicit line breaks like in your snippet I would
suggest a \once-like approach as in the attached barRightrepeatDouble.ly.

Cheers,
Robin