Re: engraving question - slur across notes sung to different syllabes?

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: engraving question - slur across notes sung to different syllabes?
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 22:42:15 +0100

2011/2/20 Phil Holmes <address@hidden>:
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Werner LEMBERG" <address@hidden>

Thank you all for your answers!
Looks i have much to learn...
However, as a mathematician (of some kind), i find this ambiguity very
irritating. I cannot undestand why slur should mean anything else than
legato, and why not notate all portamentos and glissandos with a wavy
line...

thanks again,
Janek