Re: Grace notes in multiple voices << {} \\ {} >>

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: Grace notes in multiple voices << {} \\ {} >>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 15:59:20 +0100

On 26 February 2011 15:32, MusFelix <address@hidden> wrote:

> \grace, \afterGrace, \appoggiatura and \acciaccatura yield problems when used
> in << {...} \\ {...} >> setups.  Among other ways of doing it, I have tried
> the following five setups with bad results (errors, colliding columns,
> etc.):
>
> [...]

Try to add an invisible grace in the other voice as well.
  \grace s8  % invisible grace

There is a warning in the doc:
NR 1.2.6 Special rhythmic concerns > Grace notes
Known issues and warnings

  Grace note synchronization can also lead to surprises. Staff notation,
  such as key signatures, bar lines, etc., are also synchronized.
  Take care when you mix staves with grace notes and staves without,
  for example,

    [image of music]

  This can be remedied by inserting grace skips of the corresponding
  durations in the other staves.

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/notation/special-rhythmic-concerns.html#grace-notes

Cheers,
Xavier