Re: Grace notes in multiple voices << {} \\ {} >>

From: MusFelix
Subject: Re: Grace notes in multiple voices << {} \\ {} >>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 07:09:27 -0800 (PST)

Thanks.  I'll try a hidden grace in the other voice to see what that
produces.

Phil, good thing you asked me for a separate working example.  When I wrote
one up, I didn't get any errors (see my snippet below), just some
collisions.  As it turns out, I had this line in the original:

\override Score.SpacingSpanner #'strict-grace-spacing = ##t

Setting this to false fixes most of the problems, and eliminates the
'program error'.

\version "2.13.51"
\include "english.ly"
\relative c'
{
    \clef tenor
    \key a \major
    \time 6/8

     4(  8-.)
    << { \grace fs'8 es8( ds es-.) }
    \\ { gs,4 b8}

     4( \afterGrace  8-.) { fs'8 }
    << { es8( ds es-.) }
    \\ { gs,4 b8}

     4(  8-.)
    << { \acciaccatura fs'8 es8( ds es-.) }
    \\ { gs,4 b8}

     4(  8-.)
    << { \appoggiatura fs'8 es8( ds es-.) }
    \\ { gs,4 b8}

    << { s4.                    \acciaccatura fs'8 es8( ds es-.) }
    \\ { <a, fs'>4(  8-.)     gs4 b8 }