Re: Using #(define fonts) gives me an ill-looking feta font

From: David Rogers
Subject: Re: Using #(define fonts) gives me an ill-looking feta font
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 23:55:44 -0800

* James Lowe <address@hidden> [2011-03-09 07:13]:

Hello,

I am using Mac OS X (in case that matters) and I am having an issue where
using the following construct in a \paper block:

myStaffSize = #24
 #(define fonts
     (make-pango-font-tree "Baskerville"
                           "Optima"
                           "Courier"
                             (/ myStaffSize 24)))

--

Gives me 'ugly' instances of the feta font.

See attached pngs (left side is without this construct)

As you can see the 'church rests' don't touch the staff lines and the
heads and stems are 'spindly'.

I'd like to define the 3 font types instead of having to use overrides,
but the 'myStaffSize' is something I just copied verbatim from the NR. I
don't actually know what it does but I cannot just remove it as I get
compile errors.

My files use a #(set-global-staff-size 24) so I thought it might be
related, but changing the value either in this global-staff-size or in the
myStaffSize does nothing.

Try removing (or commenting out) your global-staff-size setting. I think
that the myStaffSize and the global-staff-size conflict with each other,
even if they are set to the same value.

--
David