Re: New here and first question about using repeat percent over more tha

From: Aurelien
Subject: Re: New here and first question about using repeat percent over more than two measures
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 08:54:03 +0100

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 08:54:15AM +0000, James Lowe wrote :
> Aurelien

Yeah, actually, that's what I use.

> Depending on exactly how you want this to work.
>
> The '%' repeat percent just means put a repeat mark inside the measure.
>
> If you wanted to make the thick bar with the two dots, then I am not sure
> exactlt what you want but you could
>

> \repeat volta 2 {
>   {first measure}
>   {second measure}
>   {third measure}
> }

No, I really want to use %. Or at least, I'd like to be able to draw
*automatically* the number of repetitions. So, two options:

or
||: a bar :||x4 (or x3, following the way you want to read it).

Actually, when dealing with only one measure to repeat (or even two),
it's OK. But when you have more than two measures repeating, the
percent way doesn't work anymore (someone exlained me why), and the
volta way doesn't show the number of repetitions.

--
Aurélien