Re: Removing accidentals from a voice

From: Éditions IN NOMINE
Subject: Re: Removing accidentals from a voice
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 16:44:40 +0100

Hi

Quite difficult without a snippet, but you could try, within your second voice :

\override Accidental #'stencil = ##f

Regards
JMarc

Phil Holmes a écrit :
I have a score with lyrics that have slightly different rhythms for each verse. The way it's set in the original is to have full-size stem-up notes for the first verse, and small stem-down notes for the alternative. So far, so good - 2 voices, set voiceOne/voiceTwo, use \teeny to get small notes. The problem is that some of the notes have accidentals. With the \teeny, the accidentals are smaller and therefore don't overlap completely, and you get a sort-of shadow effect. I don't want to even try replacing the accidental with an in-key note, since this would then play wrong. It looks to me like the accidental engraver is in the staff context. Is there any way to remove the staff engraver for just one voice of a staff?

TIA

--
Phil Holmes