Re: filename in markup

From: -Eluze
Subject: Re: filename in markup
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 05:31:24 -0700 (PDT)

address@hidden wrote:

> Could you confirm by running the attached two files using the following
> command:
>
> lilypond foo.ly bar.ly
>
> When I do it, both of them use the "bar" filename.
> If this works on Windows, then I take back all of the mean things I ever
> said about the Windows command line.

well, sorry for my premature statement: it only works in the sense that it
compiles "correctly".
but the result is as you stated: only the name of the latter file is shown!

this looks like a timing problem: the variables are filled with the values
that are encountered and are replaced when another assignement occurs... in
the end, when ouputting, the last values remain!

cheers
Eluze

ps: i noticed another problem when compiling two files from the command line
if the 2nd name contains a blank - you have to embed this filename in triple
double-quotes like described in Usage (AU) for convert-ly - i could not find
where this is mentioned in the docs.