LilyPond vs Squeeze (was: LilyPond 2.12.3 and Fonts in Debian Squeeze)

From: PMA
Subject: LilyPond vs Squeeze (was: LilyPond 2.12.3 and Fonts in Debian Squeeze)
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 13:38:52 -0400

Hi List.

I have a quite different problem involving Lilypond & Squeeze.

An .ly file that my lilypond version 2.13.32 processed successfully
under Lenny, it (same version) fails to process under Squeeze.

So-far there is just one message text...
             error: syntax error, unexpected STRING, expecting \
             SCM_IDENTIFIER or SCM_TOKEN or '='

but it is issued multiple times, each time objecting to a variable
assignment within the \paper block, as below:

\paper {
  paper-width  = 5.5\in
  paper-height = 11\in
  left-margin  = 0\in
  right-margin = 0\in
  line-width   = 4.0in
indent = 0\in % ...starting with this one, and then short-indent = 0\in % if I comment it out, the next, etc,
  between-system-space = 0.5\cm
  print-page-number = ##f
  top-margin    = 10\mm
  bottom-margin = 10\mm
  first-page-number = #4

Any ideas?
Regards,
Pete

P.S.  FYI, in Squeeze I downloaded/installed 2.13.32 "fresh"
        (i.e., rather than use the exec from my Lenny setup).

Tiresia Giuno wrote:

On Sat, 26 Mar 2011 15:58:55 +0100