Re: Lyrics - vertical alignments

From: Michael Dykes
Subject: Re: Lyrics - vertical alignments
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 14:59:26 -0400

Yes, Xavier that helps a lot. That does the trick. Thanks a lot!!!

On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 8:22 AM, Xavier Scheuer <address@hidden> wrote:
On 10 April 2011 06:40, Michael Dykes <address@hidden> wrote:

> I have read this - well most of this section before, but when I try it I
> still get the same results. Perhaps someone could help me out a little,
> please?

Normally

 \new Lyrics \with {
   \override VerticalAxisGroup #'staff-affinity = #CENTER
 }

should do the trick.
But the result does not appear centered in this case.  I suspect it is
due to the fact that you have a voice with stems up in the lower staff
(Tenor) and no voice with stems down in the upper staff (Alto).

So in this case I would "simply" increase the minimum distance between
the Lyrics and the related Staff (upper staff).

 \new Lyrics \with {
   \override VerticalAxisGroup #'nonstaff-relatedstaff-spacing
     #'minimum-distance = #6
 }

HTH.

Cheers,