Re: How can I get good layout and good midi without writing everything t

From: Michael Ellis
Subject: Re: How can I get good layout and good midi without writing everything twice?
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 19:55:48 -0400

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 12:38 PM, Helge Hafting <address@hidden> wrote:
What I need, is to get the midi output for
 \appoggiatura{e16 fis} e16
but the layout for
 e16\prall

Hi Helge,
You could use tags. The following produced the desired results for me even though LilyPond (2.13.54) issued a warning: "programming error: Going back in MIDI time."

I think the warning will go away if there's some music before the grace notes.

music = {
          \tag #'played {\appoggiatura{e16 fis} e16}
          \tag #'printed {e16\prall}
}

\score {
    \removeWithTag #'played \music