RE: Using the "articulate.ly" script AND getting nice-looking engraved o

From: James Lowe
Subject: RE: Using the "articulate.ly" script AND getting nice-looking engraved output - how to
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 10:22:03 +0000

Hello,

)-----Original Message-----
)From: address@hidden
)[mailto:address@hidden On
)Behalf Of Graham Percival
)Sent: 15 April 2011 10:18
)To: Tom Cloyd
)Cc: Lilypond
)Subject: Re: Using the "articulate.ly" script AND getting nice-looking
)engraved output - how to
)
)On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 12:18:58AM -0600, Tom Cloyd wrote:
)>    OK - I visited the Lilypond website and tried to figure out how to post
)>    some documentation discussion list I thought existed. That left me
)>    confused and without options, so I'm back here. The best I can do is
)offer
)>    a first draft rewrite here, and know that those better informed than I
)>    will know what to do with it.
)
)This email looks fine, but I'd like to find out what's wrong with the
)website.  We don't have any documentation discussion list; I want to fix
)whatever it was that suggested that such a thing existed.
)

I think Tom was simply mistaken, I referred him to

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/contributor/documentation-suggestions.html

In another email.

)Doc people: this looks like a copy&paste job.  It should take about 3
)minutes from reading Tom's email to when you have a reitveld issue
)uploaded.
)Well, maybe run "make" to check that you haven't done anything really
)silly while copying it.  So call it 15 minutes, of which
)10+ minutes are just the computer processing stuff in the
)background while do other stuff.
)

Graham, I assume that if 'doc people' didn't respond to this that this would be
added by 'bug/dev' people in the 'bug tracker' as a med/low doc enhancement?

Unfortunately (or not depending on if you think it's because our Doc is so good
already) we don't get that many 'formal' requests for documentation changes so
I often have to 'extract' meaning out of people's problems if the doc could
have prevented that. I don't have access to create tracker issues else I could
do that kind of thing myself if only to stop me keeping my own personal to-do
lists, if that makes sense.

James