Re: Tuplet bracket length

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Tuplet bracket length
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 12:08:10 -0600

On 4/15/11 11:55 PM, "bruys ." <address@hidden> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I would like the alter the length of the tuplet bracket so it extends from the
> left-hand edge of the first notehead, to the right-hand edge of the last
> notehead.
>
> Lilypond seems to default to making the bracket go from the left-most stem to
> the right-most stem. See the attached example.
>
> In the attached example, there is also a problem with the nested triplets. The
> two numerals '3' collide.Could this be a bug that has since been corrected? In
> the final group of notes, where the inner triplet bracket is printed in the
> upper position, it is interesting to note that Lilypond draws the bracket
> enclosing the noteheads, not just the stems.

I believe that the behavior is different depending on whether the bracket is
on the stem side or the note head side.  The notation references are
inconsistent about handling tuplet brackets on the stem side.

Your example also shows a bug in the number location.  The number should be
centered on the center time value, rather than the geometric center,
according to Read.  So both 3's should be at the same horizontal location.

Cheers,

Carl