Re: bug triplet line collides with fingering

From: Ralph Palmer
Subject: Re: bug triplet line collides with fingering
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 17:03:20 -0400

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 3:52 PM, Marc Mouries <address@hidden> wrote:

On Apr 20, 2011, at 3:04 PM, Marc Mouries wrote:

> In this snippet the triplet line collides with the fingering.
>
> \version "2.13.60"
> \language "english"
>
> Violin = \relative d'' {
>  \times 2/3{d4 a8-4}
> }
> \score {
>   \new Staff { \Violin  }
>   \layout {}
> }
> <PastedGraphic-2.png>
>
> I know i could use "\once \override TupletBracket #'direction = #DOWN" but there are already many situations where lilypond detects collisions and adapt the music elements accordingly so i am wondering if that's a situation that is not correctly handled or a limitation.
>
> -Marc

I changed the direction of the TupletBracket but now it collides with the slur!
Shouldn't lilypond adapt the length of the bracket and the starting point of the slur?

\version "2.13.60"
\language "english"

Violin = \relative d' {
 \key d \major
 \once \override TupletBracket #'direction = #DOWN
 \times 2/3 {d'4\flageolet a8-4(} \times 2/3{fs d a)}
}
\score {
  \new Staff {\Violin  }
  \layout {}

Yes, this should be reported to the Bug Squad.

Marc, P
please send this to :
address@hidden.

I believe you'll have to join the list.