Re: More questions about road maps

From: Colin Hall
Subject: Re: More questions about road maps
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 22:07:51 +0100

Hi Chris,

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 01:14:04PM -0400, Christopher R. Maden wrote:
> First question: from a scoring perspective, anyone have any ideas for a
> better layout than what I used?  I looked through a bunch of song sheet
> music I have, and couldn’t find any good examples of this pattern.

You asked for feedback on the scoring and I'd say it's a nice job. It's pretty
clear what you intend the musicians to do, and that's all that matters.

I would have done it slightly differently, making your 4th time bar into a
Coda, and making your Bridge simply a continuation after your 2nd time bar. I'd
retain your D.S. al Segno but change it to "D. S. al Coda with repeat" in order
to catch the music that it presently your 3rd time bar. That avoids the need
for the "go to Bridge now" which I suspect you would prefer.

Like you, I also break the music and words up into the smallest common chunks
across all parts, and then reassemble them to create score, parts and midi.

Cheers,
Colin.

--

Colin Hall