Re: Non-standard tuning in 2 or more voices

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Non-standard tuning in 2 or more voices
Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 22:53:43 +0000 (UTC)

Richard Sabey <richardsabey <at> hotmail.co.uk> writes:

> How come LilyPond can't output the correct MIDI for 2 or more
> simultaneous notes in a non-standard tuning?

I believe the stable version 2.12.3 works correctly in this area.

> Is LilyPond actually assigning the notes to the same channel despite my
> efforts to get it to get MIDI to assign these notes to separate channels?
> If so, how do I get these notes assigned to separate channels, and would
> that produce the correct pitches anyway?

There were significant recent changes to MIDI output, and the documentation
has not caught up yet. (There is a reminder issue number 1591 on the buglist
so we don't forget.)

You correctly deduced one major change.  The CHANGES file
 http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/changes/index.html
says to use
 \set Score.midiChannelMapping = #'staff
to regain control of MIDI channel assignments

> \version "2.13.55"

There were other MIDI bugs in this development version most of which appear
to be fixed in version 2.13.61.