Help with lyric line extenders

From: Adrian Oehm
Subject: Help with lyric line extenders
Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 12:27:16 +1000

Hi

I have a small problem I need help with.  I've not been able to find anywhere
in the manuals to explain how to adjust what I need to.

Before I describe - I'm running 2.12.3 (I prefer to work with the stable
versions...)

What I have is an SATB setting.  The Tenors/Basses have a passage prior to a
full four part section.

I have the lyrics assigned to the tenor part.  When it goes to 4 part I move
the lyrics to the alto line (as later the sop line has a passage of separate
lyrics aligned above the stave).  I move to the alto line here as it works best
in the rest of the piece

My issue is (see Example 1 output) the lyric extender on the word 'light' does
not extend to cover the full 3 beats - it stops in line with the second
crotchet in the sops part, not the third beat (this happens if I use the lyrics
in the tenor part too).

I've tried putting the lyrics into the sops part, but they don't align
vertically, even if I set the alignment to aboveStaff "men" (which work for the
alto line.

Is there a way to extend the extender to cover the three beats?

(attached:  Example 1 (code and output) - what I have now with the issue;
Example 2 - what I'd like the extender to be, but non-aligend lyrics (not
wanted)

Thanks

Adrian