Re: Artificial-looking clef in a CueVoice?

From: Bernhard Ott
Subject: Re: Artificial-looking clef in a CueVoice?
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 23:32:21 +0200

On 05/21/2011 10:36 PM, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
Am Samstag, 21. Mai 2011, 21:46:21 schrieb Graham Percival:
James Lowe, the only full-time documentation writer, is a newbie.
He has learned how to modify our documentation, but he does not
even understand everything in chapter 3 of ther Learning manual.
He certainly does not know how to use
\cueFiddlesticksWithAWoodenMallet.

If you can create a short (2-8 line) lilypond input file that
shows how to use this feature, and maybe add 2-3 sentences
explaining how to use it, this will help our documentation writer.

A good starting point for new features are always the corresponding regtest
files. In this case, the files are input/regression/cue-clef*.ly (cue-clef.ly is
the basic file, the other are there for various features, like correct display
at the begin of a score or after a line break, which is a very distinct
feature of cue clefs, which are printed in addition to the normal clef).

So, I would add two snippets, the cue-clef.ly to show the basic usage, and a
merged snippet of cue-clef-begin-of-score.ly and cue-clef-new-line.ly to show
the cue clefs are printed in addition to the standard clef.

Maybe a third snippet can show how to change the cue clef to be printed after
the barline rather than before (for a snippet see my post to the user list; in
that snippet you can remove some lines to make it shorter, of course).

Cheers,
Reinhold

Sorry, got another question: does the \cueClef command create a cueVoice context, or does it "just" produce the clefs/rules?

Bernhard