Re: Notation convention: dotted notes, duplet or else?

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Notation convention: dotted notes, duplet or else?
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 10:15:33 -0400

Hi David,

> In the notation?  Hardly.  If you have stuff from a reasonably good
> poet, you can usually word-wrap it without noticeable structural damage.

I think most poets would disagree.

> In fact, you might seriously improve the auditory delivery of bad poetry
> performers by doing so because it might keep them from slapping the
> audience in the face with the line endings.

That is true. (Ironically, many poets can't read their own poetry very well,
I've noticed…)

> If you find a single sentence in this thread where I have not explicitly
> been talking about hemiolas, you might have a point.

This thread should be a response to the original poster's question, not your
point of view. In the context of the original question, the poster's question
is not answered effectively by talking only about hemiolas.

> But the others don't make for much storytelling.

Touché.
Kieren.