Re: LilyPond to Finale :-(

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: LilyPond to Finale :-(
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2011 12:28:34 +0200

Shane Brandes <address@hidden> writes:

> The most curious thing about the whole situation was the editor I
> spoke with who was pretty enthusiastic and a supporter of my endeavors
> was also very proud of the fact that he had originally gotten his
> music published because of his exceptionally clean hand. That amused
> me since there is no way a hand written score could compete with the
> output that is now possible,

I disagree.  You can capture subtleties of phrasing and meaning into a
handwritten and/or a hand-engraved score that a computer engraver can't
mimic because the information/understanding is just not there.  Computer
output tends to score better in a number of categories over manual work,
and score rather awful in categories you did not think of as being even
relevant because "nobody would do that".

--
David Kastrup