RE: Small notes in chords

From: James Lowe
Subject: RE: Small notes in chords
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 13:23:29 +0000

Hello,
From: address@hidden address@hidden on behalf of Peter Crighton address@hidden
Sent: 09 June 2011 12:59
To: LilyPond Mailing List
Subject: Small notes in chords

How can I make some notes of a chord (for example background vocals)
smaller than the lead melody? I know of tweaking the font-size, but I
don't want to do this for every single noteā€¦ Is there an easier way?

You could try using a CueVoice context..this makes the notes in that voice the
size of..err..well cue notes :)

I'm currently updating the documentation so there is nothing that useful there
just yet apart from an email or two I have but this snippet might help (I am
adapting it for the help system)

\relative {
R1
<<