Two simultaneous BarNumbers

From: Nick Baskin
Subject: Two simultaneous BarNumbers
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 10:49:15 +0200

Hey all,

I am working on a large-scale minimalist piece that uses repeats in the instrumental parts to make page turns possible. Since these repeats are only a space-saving device (they are different in each part and do not exist in the score), I would like to print two bar numbers at the beginning of each line: One above the staff that is the bar number the first time through, and one below the staff that is the bar number the second time through. Is this possible? I can input the actual bar numbers by hand if automatic calculation is difficult. As a temporary solution, I have tried using an \override with the BarNumber 'stencil and 'text properties to print something like "44/53" where the bar number would ordinarily go, but none of my attempts have produced the desired result. I am running LilyPond 2.14.0.

TIA
Nick Baskin