Re: upbeat with grace note

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: upbeat with grace note
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 15:38:37 -0600

On 6/14/11 2:09 PM, "Friedrich Fischer" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Am 14.06.2011, 16:46 Uhr, schrieb Carl Sorensen <address@hidden>:

>>>  See test-fried-corr.ly; the repeated voiceOne,Two,Four are
>>>  uncommented.
>>
>> This may be a bug.  If I had to guess, I'd say that the bug should read
>> something like "\voiceX outside of \relative mode doesn't apply within
>> \relative block"
>>
>> Can you make a tiny example and file a bug report?
>>
>> http://lilypond.org/bug-reports.html
>>

>    I have already made it.

Great!  The bug squad should get it added to our issue list soon.

>>>    Untarring lilypond-2.14.1-1.linux-x86.sh
>>>    bzip2: (stdin) is not a bzip2 file.
>>>    tar: Child died with signal 13
>>>    tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors
>>>

>> I have no clue on this one.   Perhaps it would help to have everything,
>> including the command you typed.
>>
>> Sorry,
>>
>> Carl
>>

>    # sh lilypond-2.14.1-1.linux-x86.sh
>
> lilypond installer for version 2.14.1 release 1, i686 build.
> For a list of options, abort (^C) then do:
> sh lilypond-2.14.1-1.linux-x86.sh --help
>
> You are about to install LilyPond in /usr/local/lilypond
> A script in /usr/local/bin will be created as a shortcut.
>
> Press ^C to abort, or Enter to proceed.
>
> Making /usr/local/lilypond
> Creating script /usr/local/bin/lilypond
> Creating script /usr/local/bin/lilypond-wrapper.python
> Creating script /usr/local/bin/lilypond-wrapper.guile
> Creating script /usr/local/bin/uninstall-lilypond
> Untarring lilypond-2.14.1-1.linux-x86.sh
> tail: short write
>
> bzip2: Compressed file ends unexpectedly;
>         perhaps it is corrupted?  *Possible* reason follows.
> bzip2: Invalid argument
>         Input file = (stdin), output file = (stdout)
>
> It is possible that the compressed file(s) have become corrupted.
> You can use the -tvv option to test integrity of such files.
>
> You can use the `bzip2recover' program to attempt to recover
> data from undamaged sections of corrupted files.
>
> tar: Child returned status 2
> tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors
> To uninstall lilypond, run
>
>      /usr/local/bin/uninstall-lilypond
>
> For license and warranty information, consult
>
>      /usr/local/lilypond/license/README
>
> Full documentation can be found at
>
>      http://lilypond.org/doc
>
> As far as version lilypond-2.13.41-1.linux-x86.sh everything worked
> alright.
>  From version lilypond-2.13.42-1.linux-x86.sh up to now no installation
> (puppy linux)
> works anymore.
> So what has happened in version lilypond-2.13.42-1.linux-x86.sh ?

It looks to me like your download is corrupted.  Have you tried downloading
again?

I was going to suggest that you check the md5 checksum of the download, but
I can't see where we provide the md5 checksums of our binaries.  I think we
should fix this.

Thanks,

Carl