install latest stable lilypond 2.14.1 on Fedora

From: Steve Taylor
Subject: install latest stable lilypond 2.14.1 on Fedora
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 08:51:59 +1200

Hi there,

Hope the user group is the right place to ask a question about installing lilypond.

I'd like to install lilypond 2.14.1 on Fedora 14 (using Gnome).

Following the method on the lilypond website (downloading and running the sh script as su) gives the following message when I run the installed lilypond command:
/usr/local/lilypond/usr/bin/lilypond: error while loading shared libraries: libgmp.so.3: cannot enable executable stack as shared object requires: Permission denied

Installing via "yum install lilypond" or System->Administration->Add/Remove Software gives me version 2.13.49, so I assume where-ever the repository is stored for those, it hasn't been updated to know about the latest stable release.

Any help much appreciated!  I'm hoping to start helping out at the Mutopia project.

cheers,
     Steve