Re: Snippet: Tie does not appear

From: James Harkins
Subject: Re: Snippet: Tie does not appear
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 11:30:44 +0800

At Mon, 20 Jun 2011 21:59:24 -0500,
Ivan Kuznetsov wrote:
> Why does the tie between the two low E naturals that I have
> indicated in the snippet below not appear in the notation?

The e's are in different voices. I'm fairly new to ly, but it didn't take me
too long to find that ties are not allowed to cross between different voices,
even in the same staff.

I'm very eager to hear what the solution is, though...

>      {  r2. f8 [b8]      }

But, I did find the other day that you can get the rest to appear in the middle
of the staff by writing

     {  b2.\rest f8 [b8]      }

(Side note: on my Ubuntu machine, lilypond 2.14.1 choked on the non-breaking
spaces copied over from the HTML-formatted e-mail. Tons of "unexpected string"
errors. I can't think of any good reason why non-breaking spaces should cause
parsing to fail. Should I file a bug report?)

James

--
James Harkins /// dewdrop world
address@hidden